Television star and confirmed petrol-head Philip Glenister is to curate the special ‘Getaway Cars’ display at the 2018 London Classic Car Show at ExCeL London (15-18 February).
Famous for ‘firing up’ his Audi quattro when acting as throwback DCI Gene Hunt in Ashes to Ashes – Glenister will be maximising his insider police knowledge to bring together this showcase of cars as chosen by notorious crooks to evade the law whether on celluloid or in real life.
Vehicles already on the shortlist include a number of criminal classics such as the MK1 Transit van, Jaguar Mark 2, Sierra Cosworth Sapphire and, perhaps, even a Mini Cooper S as famously employed by Charlie Croker (Michael Caine) and his gang to escape from the Carabinieri di Torino in the original Italian Job movie.
“We will take our inspiration from TV, films and real life,” said Glenister who also co-presents Channel 4’s motoring show For the Love of Cars programme. “these cars need to be quick, handle well and, of course, have lots of room in the back. I’m sure we’ll have an iconic red quattro exhibited somewhere at the show, but this display will be about cars from the other side of the law. It’s pleasure to curate at such a special car show and where better to celebrate getaway cars than in East London at ExCel. Fire up the London Classic Car Show!”
Adding to the sense of drama, Glenister’s final selection will be showcased on a specially designed and arresting exhibition stand that will further both its visual impact and the visitor experience.
All those wishing to see the Getaway Car display at the 2018 London Classic Car Show can take advantage of significant discounts on offer for those booking in advance. If purchased now, adult admission costs just £25 (£30 on the door) and a range of upgraded Premium and Family Tickets are also available online.
Moreover, all tickets also include entry to the London Classic Car Show’s sister show Historic Motorsport International, which celebrates the UK’s leading role in all areas of historic motor sport. Full details can be found on the show’s official website – thelondonclassiccarshow.co.uk.
Audi S3 1.8 330bhp quattro
1984 Audi Quattro LHD Coupe Petrol Manual
2014 Audi RS6 Avant 4.0 TFSI V8 Avant Tiptronic quattro (s/s) 5dr
AUDI 80 Quattro 1985/C reg ZERMATT PROJECT ALSO 2x UR QUATTROS & RS2 AV
2003 Audi RS6 Avant Quattro Auto Estate Petrol Automatic
2007 Audi R8 4.2 quattro V8 6 Speed Manual Unmarked Met Grey Black leather 81k
2006 Audi RS4 4.2 Quattro 4dr
2006 Audi RS4 4.2 quattro 4dr
2014 Audi RS6 4.0T FSI V8 Bi-Turbo RS6 Quattro 5dr Tip Auto ESTATE Petrol Automa
TAMIYA 58667 58667-1:10 RC Audi Quattro Rally A2 (TT-02), Remote Controlled car/Vehicle, Model Building, kit, Hobby, Assembly, White
- The kit includes a powerful torque tuned motor and an electronic drive controller. The TT-02 chassis has four wheel drive and independent suspension.
- The TT-02 chassis has four wheel drive and independent suspension.
- An exemplary, clear Audi Quattro A2 polycarbonate body including attachments (mirror, rear spoiler) are included.
- 1:10 scale model kit Length: 458 mm, width: 187 mm
- Many tuning parts are optionally available.
LEGO Speed Champions 1985 Audi Sport Quattro S1 76897
£20.23 in stock
- The "1985 Audi Sport quattro S1" kit contains a detailed LEGO replica of the racing car and a racing driver minifigure. A great collector's item and the perfect LEGO gift for the many loyal fans of this rally icon. Driver legends like Walter Röhrl, Stig Blomqvist, Hannu Mikkola or Herbert Breiteneder were able to put their stamp on rallying with the S1 and E2.
- A buildable 1985 Audi Sport quattro S1 toy car based on the original model and 1 collectible minifigure in an authentic Audi race suit. This toy playset will captivate kids as they use their imaginations to stage races.
- Fans of the 1985 Audi Sport quattro S1 will be thrilled to build a mini version from LEGO building bricks. They have the choice to proudly display it or test its powers by racing it against other models.
- This 250-piece building kit for boys and girls aged 8+ makes a wonderful gift for both passionate fans of this famous car and those who love to play with racing toys. Easy-to-follow instructions are included so the fun can start as soon as possible.
- LEGO Speed Champions cars are now 25% bigger and even more realistic. The 1985 Audi Sport quattro S1 rally car measures over 2” (6cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide, so it’s compact enough to take with you on the go.